Friday, October 14, 2011

2k Blood Angels List


A few weeks ago I played two games with a 2,000 point list I came up with for my Blood Angels. I went undefeated that night against Grey Knights and Orks. Here's the list (though I've added a priest and dropped three Assault Marines and one Death Company member since then):

HQ
Mephiston
Reclusiarch

ELITE
Sanguinary Priest (Power Weapon, Jump Pack)

TROOPS
5x Death Company (3x Power Weapons, 1x Power Fist, Rhino)
10x Assault Marines (2x Meltaguns, Power Weapon)
5x Assault Marines (Meltagun, Power Weapon, Razorback with Las/Plas)
5x Assault Marines (Meltagun, Power Weapon, Razorback with Las/Plas)
5x Assault Marines (Meltagun, Power Weapon, Razorback with Las/Plas)

FAST
4x Bikes (2x Meltaguns, Power Fist, Attack Bike with Multi-Melta)

HEAVY
Stormraven (TL Multi-Melta, TL Plasma Cannon, Extra Armor, Searchlight)
Vindicator

1,996 pts, 43 models, 15 Kill Points, 4-5 Scoring Units

Mephiston rides by his lonesome in the Stormraven, the Reclusiarch joins the Death Company in their Rhino, and the Sanguinary Priest joins the jumping Assault Squad as they make their advance.

Now I don't remember a whole lot of either game I played as it's been two weeks, but in the game against the Grey Knights I remember it being a complete slaughter in my favor. Man, Paladins do NOT like Lascannons and twin-linked, rapid-firing plasma! They also don't like direct-hitting Demolisher rounds! Unfortunately in that game, Mephiston was confined to his personal Stormraven the entire time as I did NOT want to have him go at Initiative 1 against a boat-load of power weapons. The only thing he was good for was using his Psychic Hood inside the Stormraven, granting him quite the 24" bubble inside the monstrous skimmer. I ended up tabling Phil by the end of the fourth turn. On a side note, the game was Pitched Battle and Kill Points.

In the game against the Orks, it was quite the opposite. I had a horrible first two turns with shooting as I failed to do anything to Matt's Killer Kans and Battlewagons, but my third and fourth turns were outstanding. I got to destroy the vehicles I wanted, and even had Mephiston charge whole units of Boyz just to come out unscathed. Yet AGAIN, Mephiston claimed 3-4 units before dying himself. Unfortunately that happened in turn 5 where the game turned yet again in Matt's favor, and due to time constraints we had to call the game. I won one objective to none, though if we had even played three minutes of Matt's 6th turn (which we did roll for), I would have lost a significant portion of my army. But hey, thanks to Matt being a great sport, he let me have the win. This game was Spearhead, Capture and Control.

Now, this is probably not going to do much of anything on a competitive level, but I had fun with it and I think it has potential as a great LGS army list (though I want to experiment with the Terminators I was using some more). What are your guys' thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment