Tuesday, May 10, 2011

There's too many of them!


Not too long ago a friend and I came up with a really nasty 2,000 point list for my Blood Angels. We started off by discussing ways around Dark Eldar (so far they have been my bane), and realized that the list I had been previously running (4 Razorbacks, Dread in a Pod, DC in a Rhino, Libby & Honor Guard & Furioso in a Stormraven) was extremely low in target saturation. So after a little list finagling and discussing certain scenarios, we came up with this parking-lot-styled list:

HQ
Reclusiarch

ELITES
Sanguinary Priest (Power Weapon)

TROOPS
6x Death Company (3x Power Weapons, 1x Thunder Hammer)
Death Company Dreadnought (Blood Talons)
5x Assault Marines (Flamer, Power Weapon, Las/Plas Razorback)
5x Assault Marines (Flamer, Power Weapon, Las/Plas Razorback)
5x Assault Marines (Meltagun, Power Weapon, Las/Plas Razorback)
5x Assault Marines (Meltagun, Power Weapon, Las/Plas Razorback)

FAST
Baal Predator (TL-Assault Cannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsons)
Baal Predator (TL-Assault Cannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsons)

HEAVY
Predator (Autocannon, Lascannon Sponsons)
Predator (Autocannon, Lascannon Sponsons)
Stormraven Gunship (Extra Armor, TL-Meltagun, TL-Assault Cannon)

That's 38 models, 4 Scoring Units, and 17 Kill Points.

So, the Death Company (including their Dreadnought) and the Chaplain go in the Stormraven (and into normal reserves if I'm going second). Then, the Baals are placed on flanks to prepare for their scout move and the Predators are placed in front of the Razorbacks to give them cover with a nice Armor 13 front facing.

On my first turn I should be able to pop 2-4 vehicles (or stun them at the very least) assuming I have adequate LOS and the ability to maneuver into good firing positions which can be carefully ensured with good deployment.

On the second turn, I would focus on any vehicles that were the main threat to the mission (or to my army's survival), and then start to position my razorbacks to grab objectives or get more shots for Kill Points. It's also possible that I would be able to flat-out my Stormraven on from reserves if I roll a 4+. Note that against a Guard player who has the "-1 to enemy reserve rolls" retinue character, I would NOT put my Stormraven into reserves. Hopefully there would be a place to put it that would allow me to get a cover save, or be out of range of most weapons (then I could use my Baal Preds to scout and take pressure off of it). Either way, the Stormraven would go 24" towards the closest (and most threatening) enemy vehicle, and use Power of the Machine Spirit to fire its Twin-Linked Multi-Melta at something hopefully getting to use 2d6 for Armor Pen.

I like the list A LOT and though I haven't playtested this exact list, I have run very similar forces. I think I might try this sometime soon, and I'll be sure to post on how well things went. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment