Thursday, January 28, 2010

More Tools


Yesterday I picked up the Dremel Stylus to aid in my Monstrous Creature magnetization project. The tool cost $69.99 at Home Depot and comes with its own accessory kit. After trying it out on a Carnifex I had already glued together, I am very impressed with how powerful and capable this little tool is. Within minutes I had bored out 6 holes in my Carnifex's torso and was able to also open the model back up in preparation of green stuff and magnets. I got the idea from Miniwargaming.com's YouTube video (found here) and I am definitely a fan.

Along with the Dremel, I purchased some rare earth magnets from K & J Magnetics that are the size the video suggested. Today I will be magnetizing almost all of my Carnifexes as this is a project I've been wanting to do since I started Tyranids back in early 2009. Also, today I should be getting in some Balrog wings that I ordered from Games Workshop so those will also get magnetized for my Hive Tyrants (which also will be magnetized as all of the Monstrous Creatures can have several different weapon variants).

So, long story not short enough, if you are on the fence about whether to purchase a tool like this I must say it is totally worth it. It has already let me accomplish in minutes what would have taken all night otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment