Thursday, July 7, 2011

It has begun...

As I stated in my last post, I started playing Warmachine recently. I acquired some Cygnar minis (which is my faction of choice) about a week or two ago and have been playing almost non-stop since. Because I don't have a whole heck of a lot and I'm brand-new to the game, I have been playing some small 15-point games just to try and figure things out.

The list I've been using is:

15 points
Commander Coleman Stryker (+6)
-Ironclad
-Hunter
-Charger
Trencher Chaingun Crew
Trencher Chaingun Crew

So far, it's 3-0 against Mercs, Cryx, and other Cygnar, but I've been looking through the Cygnar faction book and I'm really excited to get more minis. I came up with a slightly more interesting 15 point list after a bit of reading...

15 points
Commander Coleman Stryker (+6)
-Charger
-Charger
Journeyman Warcaster
-Hunter
Trencher Chaingun Crew
Trencher Chaingun Crew

With the Journeyman Warcaster I can alleviate some of the Focus issues Stryker might have with three Warjacks. Additionally, though I lost the Ironclad and replaced it with another Charger meaning I'm not able to fully deal with heavy melee jacks, I have gained an enormous amount of ranged firepower. Stryker will likely be casting Snipe on a Chaingun unit turn 1, along with Arcane Shield on one of the Chargers (and probably blurring the Journeyman Warcaster). Junior will likely be casting Arcane Shield on one of the Chargers during the first turn as well. This way, they both will be ARM 19, and one of the Chainguns will be RNG 14. That's a pretty solid firebase from what I can tell.

On an assassination run, I would start the turn by advancing with Stryker, casting Earthquake (which would likely be boosted since after upkeeping Snipe and Arcane Shield he'd have one focus left), and if it failed to hit the enemy Warcaster I would pop his feat to ensure I survive the round. If Earthquake hit, then two Chargers, a Hunter, and two Chaingun Crews would try to open fire on the now DEF 5 base enemy Warcaster.

It's still not perfect, and I know I would have issues with Stealth and infantry-based 15-point armies, but this seems like it would be a lot of fun, and I can't wait to try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment