Saturday, July 31, 2010

And my Fantasy army of choice will be...


When I first decided I was going to play Fantasy (at the end of 7th), I thought Tomb Kings were going to be a really cool army. I looked at their army book and the models and ended up not liking them at all (I mean seriously, what the heck is up with the "Chiquita Banana" Tomb Giant?). Later, the Beastmen got a new army book and yet again my interest in Fantasy was sparked. They got a whole new line of stunning miniatures but again, after looking at the army book I was disappointed with the number of units (Ungors, Gors, Bestigors, Centigors, Minotaurs, and the Pumbagors and that's it).

And now, with the release of 8th Edition, my interest has yet again peaked with Dark Elves (after seeing several pictures of the army on one hobbyist's site). Some of the factors that helped me decide which army to play were:
  • The actual sculpts of the models
  • The number of units and options available to that army
  • Was this army going to be the "Tau" of Fantasy
Now sure, it's plainly obvious that Dark Elves are a nasty, and even top-tier army, but I didn't know that when I made my original decision. They fulfilled all of the requirements I had, plain and simple. They look sweet, there are enough different builds to be nearly in the double digits, and they're at least competent.

I plan on picking some up soon, and I will keep a progress report going on them as this will be the first army I plan on buying then painting unit by unit!

No comments:

Post a Comment