Saturday, April 3, 2010

Blood Angels - First Three Games

So after playing three games Friday night at my local game store with the new Blood Angels codex, I'm very happy with how it performed. I used the 1,850 point list that I posted right before this entry and played three different opponents. I didn't take notes after each game so I'm not going to be able to do any battle reports with them but here's the rundown of how things went:

Game 1:
Versus a Slaanesh-themed Chaos Space Marine army played by Toni G. Included three Vindicators with Daemonic Possession, two Slaanesh Daemon Princes with Lash of Submission, two Noise Marine squads in Rhinos, a Chaos Space Marine squad with Mark of Slaanesh in a Rhino, and two units of five Chosen Chaos Space Marines with four meltaguns (in each unit) infiltrating.

Result: Blood Angels major victory.

Game 2:
Versus an Eldar skimmer army played by Matt D. Included two Wraithlords, two four-man Guardian Jetbike squadrons, an Autarch on a Jetbike, 10 Banshees in a Wave Serpent, 10 Fire Dragons in a Wave Serpent, and a Warlock with six Wraithguard in a Wave Serpent.

Result: Blood Angels major victory.

Game 3:
Versus a Nurgle-themed Chaos Space Marine army played by Thomas F. Included two 10-man Plague Marine squads in Rhinos with melta/plasma/fists, a Chaos Space Marine squad in a rhino with a lascannon, a five-man Havoc squad with four missile launchers, four Chaos Terminators with Icon of Nurgle, a heavy flamer, and a combi-melta, a Sorcerer in Terminator Armor, Typhus, and a Land Raider (Typhus, Sorcerer, & Termies ride inside).


Result: Blood Angels major victory.

All three games were great fun and I have to send a special thanks to Thomas for working with me through the one round where I surrounded his Land Raider with Typhus, the Sorcerer, and the Termies inside and destroyed it.

I'll probably be doing a battle report on Monday so look for it to hit my YouTube channel by Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment